A PLACE TO EXPLORE IDEAS
AND HAVE CONVERSATIONS
Step 1: Nutrition (Natural Treatment Protocols for 7 Hormonal Conditions)
Step 2: Self Acupressure & Yoga (4 Instructional Videos to Thicken the Uterine Lining)
Step 3: Mindfulness Meditation (2 Audio Meditations to Reduce Stress and Depression)
Do you suffer from pelvic pain or endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a common and painful condition in which cells from the lining of your uterus (endometrium) relocate outside your uterus and attach themselves to other organs – your fallopian tubes, ovaries and the tissue lining your pelvis.
During your menstrual cycle, the cells outside your uterus act in the same way as the cells inside your uterus; they thicken, break down and bleed each month. Because the blood and tissue cannot exit your pelvic cavity via your vagina, they become trapped and can form scar tissue and cysts that bind internal organs together and cause pain and fertility challenges.
acute pelvic pain and cramping
many women have no symptoms
Research shows a weakened immune system (auto-immunity) and excess estrogen.
1. Allopathic Medicine
Surgery – by removing the lesions caused by endometriosis, you relieve both the pain and you may restore fertility. Half the lesions grow back within five years. For this reason, surgery is often combined with hormone suppression in the form of birth control or stronger drugs such as Lupron. These drugs stop ovulation and induce estrogen deficiency which slows the growth of the lesions. Side effects include depression and bone loss.
Excellent nutrition is considered critically important in treating endometriosis and the diet in the Mindful Fertility Journal will help balance estrogen levels and reduce inflammation. There are a few particularly beneficial nutritional guidelines from Dr. Lara Briden, ND.
• dairy – A1 Casein (dairy protein) obstructs immune function and stimulates the release of inflammatory cytokines. Lara Briden, ND recommends “the avoidance of A1 casein (normal dairy) is the single most effective treatment for endometriosis we currently have.”
• gluten – gluten also obstructs immune function and stimulates the release of inflammatory cytokines. In one study, 75 percent of endometriosis-sufferers improved after 12 months on a gluten-free diet. Eliminating gluten is effective for auto-immune conditions and for endometriosis specifically.
• tumeric – reduces the size and activity of endometriosis lesions. Turmeric works best as a concentrated capsule or tablet. It’s safe for long-term use. I love adding tumeric to tea, smoothies, curries and I sprinkle tumeric on all my veggies.
• zinc – is a key anti-inflammatory nutrient, and has been demonstrated to be deficient in endometriosis-sufferers. Zinc repairs intestinal permeability (thereby improving autoimmunity) and reduces prostaglandins and pain.
• reducing stress is vitally important for proper immune function, metabolism and for pain reduction. Through mindfulness training we come to understand how we choose to deal with pain can make a difference on how we perceive pain. Mindfulness helps relieve the suffering and stress of the pain without changing the fact of the pain.
• mindfulness meditation is also proven in the research to reduce inflammation – and increases immune function.
• essential fatty acids – supplementing with essential fatty acids may be particularly beneficial when treating endometriosis, according to Dr. Marilyn Glenville, PhD. Our bodies produce beneficial prostaglandins from essential fatty acids and these can reduce period pain and have an anti-inflammatory effect. In this study, women eliminated caffeine to control blood sugar and supplemented with essential fatty acids and women experienced a significant decrease in their endometriosis symptoms.
• berberine – Dr. Lara Briden, ND writes that berberine “has several anti-inflammatory actions. It repairs intestinal permeability (thereby improving autoimmunity), and neutralises the bacterial toxin LPS. She cautions: Do not take berberine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, and do not take for more than three months continuously except under supervision. Be cautious when combining with other medications.”
• pro-biotics – In one clinical trial, the probiotic strain Lactobacillus gasseri OLL2809 stimulated natural killer cells and significantly reduced endometriosis pain after just 12 weeks.
• regular exercise is one of the most effective treatments for stress, which has a direct impact on immune function and metabolism. In addition to the latter benefits, the yoga poses in the Mindful Fertility Journal also stimulate healthy blood flow to the uterus and out of the uterus, clearing static blood which can cause auto-immunity.
6. Chinese Medicine
• in TCM, endometriosis is characterized as a general Kidney deficiency in conjunction with Blood Stasis. The self acupressure points in the Mindful Fertility Journal are designed to increase Kidney jing and move blood down and out of the uterus in a healthy flow.
Many of the Mindful Fertility participants use a combination of these treatment protocols to naturally reduce pain, increase immune function and ultimately, conceive and carry to term.
I hope you’ll join us.
All my very best, always,
When my son was 3 years old, approx. one year after he acquired language, he asked me, “Why doesn’t Daddy love me?”
Step 1: Nutrition (Natural Treatment Protocols for 7 Hormonal Conditions) Step 2: Self Acupressure & Yoga (4 Instructional Videos to Thicken the Uterine Lining) Step 3: Mindfulness Meditation (2 Audio Meditations to Reduce Stress and Depression) [activecampaign...
The appearance of new ways of thinking and communicating, between 70,000 & 30,000 years ago, constitutes the Cognitive Revolution. These new ways of thinking and communication enabled humans to conquer the world.
THE MOST TRANSFORMATIVE tool I teach women who are having trouble conceiving or carrying to term is this:
Acknowledge the pain, the shame, the loss, the powerlessness, without needing it to go away (without aversion).
Your fertility story is the very foundation of the Mindful Fertility process. Even if you’ve done tons of therapy, as you pursue your longing for a child, as your vulnerability increases, as you heal, change your behavior, change your state of consciousness, at every new level of growth and expansion, it’s your fertility story that determines your “success” because the image of a successful cycle is held in your implicit memory – deep in your sub-conscious mind.
One of the very first psychological processes that gets triggered while trying to conceive is self-doubt.